Saturday, July 21, 2007

Present Past Interconnections - NOW


It's 0545 as I begin drafting this post. The one day, I have to sleep in, my mind is a whirl of past memories and present experiences. I sit at my desk in my sportkilt, Clan An Drumma t-shirt, with a steaming cup of Earl Grey tea in my recently acquired 'delft' china Grandfather Mountain Highland Games cup and with traditional Celtic music from AccuRadio streaming from the Internet. Who wants to sleep in!

It has been over a month since beginning this blog. I feel badly, that this will be my second post. I am overwhelmed in the enormity of the project, I've begun. My desk is covered with packets of photos and items I picked up on our trips. Time is limited, as I work two jobs (part-time in a Wal-Mart and manage a home owners association). My real vocation as a minister of the Gospel seems at times not given first place. Confession is good for the soul.

Last night, I renewed a friendship; Peter Mcleod had come to Virginia! David Levite of Alexandria, VA (part of the American contingent of the Colmcille crew) had emailed that Peter of Skye was coming stateside for a college seminar in Ohio. I offered to spring for dinner for us all to meet.

David offered to meet half way from Alexandria and Spotsylvania, my home. It was only fitting to select the Macaroni Grill in Woodbridge to be the place. It was here in the winter of 2003 that the American contingent first met together with Donald to discuss our upcoming voyage.

I remember Donald sharing his faith with our server who happened to be of the Jewish faith. Our server last night, introduced himself, Gershom. Peter quickly noted his name as the first son of Moses and began a Bible lesson on Moses.

On the Comcille voyage, I overheard a couple of times fatherly advice Donald would share with Peter, the youngest member on our crew. Peter seemed to be searching for his place in life. What I now realize Peter is a genius (like an Edison or Einstein) who functions on an intellectual level beyond most of us.

Peter has a website on his theory of the cosmic forces in creating Noah's flood and posted a paper on it. A college professor of a Christian college in Ohio had read Peter's website and offered him a all expenses paid trip to their seminar on creation theory! And David was serving Peter in being his companion in taking him there. What a friend!

The photo here Peter gave me last evening. He and David before dinner, had visited the town of Occoquan seeing a friend of David's who owned a curio shop. There Peter acquired this photograph entitled 'Monks in a Boat' by Jerr ODauritzen of Kerry, Ireland. It speaks to me of us three with Donald in the hand of God.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ern, I love the "Monk" picture! What a jewel for Peter to find. I can't wait to read his Flood paper! Eleanor